In light of the growing concerns about the coronavirus now spreading across the country and around the world, in consultation with the church board, I want to communicate decisions that we have made late in the week. We have been monitoring the situation throughout the last few weeks but the most recent information available has led us to conclude the following:
1. Tomorrow, March 15, there will be no children’s activities or SS gatherings at Parkview. Should you choose to attend, we ask that you sit together as a family for worship. This decision has been made in light of the fact that children do not understand the concept of “social distancing.”
2. Our 10:45 worship service will take place with live streaming available for those not in attendance. You will be able to find it here on parkviewnaz.org and facebook. In the near future, we intend to make improvements in the online streaming experience.
3. We urge those at highest risk and those with concerns to join us for worship via live stream.
3. These decisions will be monitored weekly and notice will be given of any changes by mid-week.
The Parkview Church family has long been know for a deep commitment to serve our Lord,
our church family, and our community at large. Our decisions are made with those commitments
in mind, with service to our Lord taking precedence.
I would ask that you commit to the following:
1. Be an agent of hope and faith as you move about the community. We are a community of faith, hope, and love! Let’s spread that good news everywhere!
2. Practice good hygiene. I like a little saying we have on a towel we placed in the bathroom used by our grandchildren:
Wash your hands and say your prayers because Jesus and germs are everywhere!
3. Be sensitive to the concerns of others and give encouragement and assistance when possible.
4. Look for ways to assist those at greater risk with personal needs they may have.
5. Be a respectful member of the community at large – this is our mission field.
Grace and peace to you, dear friends!